Call for applicants: ACRL/NY 2021 Symposium Scholarships
Collegiality, Morale, and Mutual Aid
The fully online 2021 ACRL/NY Annual Symposium
How do our relationships, partnerships, teams, and organizations function in support of colleagues, patrons, and communities? What initiatives and workflows provide structural support for accomplishing our goals? This year’s symposium will feature presentations, panels, and discussions about the ways we work together, support each other, and develop as librarians and library workers.
Presented annually by the New York Metropolitan Chapter of the Association of College and Research Libraries, this year’s event will take place fully online via Zoom on Thursday Dec. 2 and Friday Dec. 3, 2021, 9:30am-2:00pm EST.
Awardees will receive:
· A waiver of registration fees for the online ACRL/NY 2021 Annual Symposium
· A free 1-year membership to ACRL/NY (benefits include participation in the ACRL/NY Mentoring Program, discussion group events, and professional development opportunities)
· Participation in a virtual networking event with members of the ACRL/NY Executive Board and the ACRL/NY Symposium Committee, to be scheduled during the weeks following the symposium
· A copy of the book, Knowledge Justice: Disrupting Library and Information Studies through Critical Race Theory edited by Sofia Y. Leung and Jorge R. López-McKnight
· A $75 gift certificate for the Strand Book Store, to be redeemed online or in-person
If you are interested, please note that ACRL/NY offers three scholarship programs.
Student Scholarship – For students currently enrolled in graduate degree programs in library/information science who are considering a career in academic librarianship (three awardees). TO APPLY: fill out this student scholarship form
Early Career Librarian Scholarship – For an academic librarian who has been practicing less than five years following receipt of a master’s degree in library/information science (one awardee). TO APPLY: fill out this early career librarian scholarship form
Scholarship recipients are expected to produce a short article on their impressions of the two-day event for the ACRL/NY blog (guidelines to be provided).
Application submission deadline: Friday, October 15, 2021
Scholarship recipients will be notified on or before Friday, November 12, 2021.
For further information about the symposium, check out our website.