Thanks to the generous support of the ARLIS/NA Executive Board and contributions by ARLIS/NA members, a $1,000 scholarship will be offered to enable an early career ARLIS/NA member to participate in the annual ARLIS/NA IRC Study Tour sponsored by the International Relations Committee (IRC). As previously announced, the 2022 Study Tour will take place in Athens, Greece, from June 27 – July 1. The full itinerary of this unique, behind-the-scenes, opportunity to study special collections at the city’s libraries, museums and archives will be made available by the end of February.
Deadline for applications: March 15, 2022
Who may apply?
ARLIS/NA members who have held a library position(s) for seven years or less and who have not previously joined an IRC Study Tour.
What are the commitments associated with the 2022 IRC Study Tour scholarship?
- Participate in ARLIS/NA IRC Study Tour to Athens, Greece, June 27 – July 1, 2022
- Assist the study tour leaders with documentation during and after the tour, including posts on ARLIS/NA social media
- Assist with the half-day symposium in Athens
- Following the tour, write a blog post about your experience for the ARLIS/NA web site
- Organize any relevant materials for sharing on the ARLIS/NA Learning Portal
- Share ideas for ongoing collaboration with Athenian libraries and librarians either formally or informally to ARLIS/NA
- Provide input to IRC, Professional Development Committee, Awards Committee, ArLiSNAP, and other groups to develop future scholarship opportunities
How to apply?
To apply for the 2022 ARLIS/NA IRC Study Tour Scholarship, complete the online application form and attach a copy of your current C.V. by March 15, 2022. Applications will be reviewed by a panel of IRC members, and applicants will be notified of their status by March 22, 2022.
A guaranteed place for the tour will be held for the scholarship recipient. Funding will be awarded after the recipient registers for the study tour and provides the down payment.