The College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning at the University of Cincinnati invites applications for the position of Research Assistant/Assistant Director Academic, reporting to the Director of the DAAP Galleries. This position is a 75% FTE position (30 hours per week), eligible for benefits.
With more than 10 exhibitions each year between two galleries, the DAAP Galleries showcases artistry from each of the disciplines found in the college. A leader in artistic academic exhibitions, the DAAP Galleries has been featured in the documentary Art & Craft and has hosted exhibitions of the works of notable artists, including Charley Harper, Hal Lasko, and Joseph Marioni, as well as a number of regional artists. In furtherance of its mission to educate the university and Greater Cincinnati community about the visual arts, the DAAP Galleries seeks to fill the position of Research Assistant/Assistant Director Academic. This position will assist with managing the operations of the galleries as well as research, catalog, and manage the Victory City/Orville Simpson Urban Futures collection.
Typical duties include:
- Assist with gallery management
- Scheduling staff
- Training staff in installation procedures
- Monitoring correspondence
- Coordinating and assisting with gallery events
- Maintaining social media
- Assist with managing gallery exhibitions, including:
- Coordinating and participating in layout and installation
- Coordinating and supervising gallery monitors
- Researching and writing exhibition text and descriptions
- Research, catalog, and manage the Simpson/Victory City archive
- Organizing and cataloguing material
- Researching and documenting archive items
- Researching proper storage and archiving techniques
- Assist with managing Simpson/Victory City exhibition
- Other related duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree in Art History. Applicants must also include a brief cover letter that explains how their experience and education relates to the job duties.
Due to the recent change in the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), this position will be a professional position paid at an hourly rate.