This is a fulltime term position from 7/18/2016 to 6/30/2020 with a complete benefits package and the possibility of renewal.
The Collections Information division of the Information and Technologies department is a team of six museum information professionals engaged in a five-year collections cataloguing and access project. We are responsible for managing collections and exhibitions information, supporting all museum staff in the use of central information repositories (The Museum System for Collections/Exhibition information and Extensis Portfolio for Digital Asset Management,) and delivering collections and exhibitions information to multiple endpoints including the Museum website, mobile tours, exhibition microsites, print publications and social media.
The Collections Information Specialist reports to the Manager of Collections Information.
The Collections Information Specialist:
– Manages art images in DAMS and linking images of works of art to TMS
– Maps descriptive metadata from TMS to DAMS
– Is responsible for batch uploading of object information into TMS in support of new acquisitions and exhibitions.
– Is actively involved in extracting data from central systems for delivery to multiple endpoints
– Takes a leadership role in developing custom report solutions to support all Museum workflows, working closely with Registrars, Curators, Preparators, and Marketing staff.
– Holds primary responsibility for creating new views and tables from TMS data to populate Museum online collections features.
– Other duties as required.
– Demonstrable expertise in SQL Server scripting.
– Expertise in museum and library data standards
– Bachelor’s degree in Museum studies, Information science, Computer science or related field with proven interest in cultural heritage data management
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
– Ability to work autonomously yet also as integral part of a close-knit team.
– SQL Server, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office Applications, MySQL
The final candidate will be required to complete a background check successfully.
– 2 years’ experience working with Museum Collections Information systems and Museum data