The Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) and the Visual Resources Association Foundation (VRAF), along with the SEI 2023 Implementation Team, are pleased to announce the Samuel H. Kress Foundation Scholarships for the 2023 Summer Educational Institute for Digital Stewardship of Visual Information (SEI), to be held online on June 12-16, 2023.
The Samuel H. Kress Foundation is once again generously funding scholarships for SEI 2023. This year, due to the reduced registration fee for the online workshop, we are able to fund more scholarships than in previous years. This intensive workshop is designed to serve a wide range of information professionals eager to learn about best practices and new technologies and/or update job skills in the realm of digital collections management, as well as to provide significant networking and professional development opportunities. The comprehensive curriculum seeks to address the requirements of today’s cultural heritage information professionals, including hands-on and lecture modules presented by expert instructors. SEI provides new professionals, current library school students, and mid-career professionals from a wide range of related fields the opportunity to stay current in an ever-evolving digital landscape. Museum professionals, archivists, visual resources professionals, digital librarians, art and architecture librarians, digital project managers, current and recent graduate students, and others in related fields are all encouraged to attend.
- The Kress Scholarship recipients will each receive complimentary registration to SEI.
- SEI 2023 is a synchronous event and all attendees, including Kress Scholarship recipients, are expected to participate fully in the workshop
- We encourage you to review the schedule before applying
- After the event, each Kress Scholarship recipient will be required to write a summary detailing how they benefitted from SEI and the scholarship
- Applications will be evaluated by the SEI Co-chairs, with special consideration given to applicants who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Are current members of ARLIS/NA or VRA
- Identify as BIPOC or one of the following US Census categories: African American/Black, Latinx/Hispanic, Asian/Pacific Islander, or American Indian/Alaska Native
- Are currently enrolled in an MA, MLIS, MLS, or related graduate program
- Demonstrate financial need due to unemployment, underemployment, and/or the impact of COVID-19 on professional development funding
A note on successful applications:
In addition to asking for brief biographical information, the application form will ask applicants to share a brief statement (200 words or less) about the effect attending SEI would have on your studies and/or your career. We look forward to reading your statement! We encourage you to be as specific as possible in your statement: please tell us how certain SEI workshops or events will directly benefit the work you do in your collection or academic program.
- Kress Scholarship applications will open Monday, February 13, 2023. Applications are due by Monday, February 27 at 5pm EST.
- Recipients will be notified by March 10, 2023
How to Apply:
- Complete the online application form by Monday, February 27, 2023.