You can write your own CSS on wordpress now, but it costs $15. You can also use your own CSS on top of a theme to make simple adjustments.
A new look. What do you think?
Contributors are now visible. Plus, the header image may be changed. Ah, personalization–though I still wish we could hack the html ;->
This site seems to take forever to load today. Anyone else notice? Wonder why.
Is there a link on the blog somewhere to sign in? This would be really useful, but I haven’t found it if there is one.
I just created a page that is linked thought the Aboutness pane (you can also reach it by clicking on this http://abcs.wordpress.com/aboutness). Let me know what you think.
Some things that I wrestled with were…
- OVERTLY threatening. The way I have it means that posts/comments that would be considered slightly threatening are allowed. [I did this because I’m not really sure where to draw the line of “really upset” to “threatening”]
- Terms are subjective. What is or is not threatening. The law says what’s obscene, but it does so in non-specific ways. Somebody might think the s-word is obscene while others have no problem with the more graphic photographs of Mapplethorpe.
- Should Author be defined.
I think we should discuss and lay some ground rules down in regards to admin authority/involvement. We should be very upfront to participants how, if any, moderation takes place on the blog.
- We should indicate whether or not we would ever edit a post
- We should indicate proper etiquette and repercussions for improper use
- We should indicate rights and responsibilities of authors & administrator(s)
Hmm…It looks like there’s no way to tell who posts a post? Just comments? That might be an issue, but maybe anonymity is good. But, don’t they always tell us to evaluate the our info sources?
I’v never used WordPress before. It’s OK. I like how I can easily tinker around with the template’s html on Blogger (even when its hosted by them). That said, having RSS feeds easily imported & the use of tagging is very helpful. I’m oblivious to any other blogging services out there.
This is pretty! Does anyone know if it is possible to put tabs on this blog? That would make finding info much easier.