* CALL FOR APPLICATIONS *
* 2006-2007 ARLIS/NA Internship Award *
* DEADLINE: OCTOBER 3, 2006 *
The Art Libraries Society of North America is now accepting applications for its annual Internship Award. The ARLIS/NA Internship Program provides financial support for students preparing for a career in art librarianship or visual resources curatorship. This award will grant $2,500 to support a period of internship in an art library or visual resources collection.
WHO MAY APPLY
Students currently enrolled in, or having completed within the last 12 months, a graduate program in library science, art history, studio art or museum studies may apply for the award. Applicants must have completed at least 10 credits of their graduate coursework before the application deadline, or show an equivalent combination of coursework and experience.
Once an award recipient has been selected, she or he will select an institution to act as host for the internship with the approval of the ARLIS/NA Internship Award Sub-Committee. The intern will work on-site a minimum of 10 hours per week to complete a total of at least 150 hours. Only one Internship is awarded per year and is to be completed within the 2006-2007 academic year.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit the following to Sub-Committee member Cathy Billings (application materials in electronic format are preferred):
- Current transcript in PDF format [this may be an unofficial version];
- An essay of up to 250 words addressing the applicant’s professional goals, expectation of the internship experience, and any skills or background that might benefit art libraries or visual resources collections; and
- The names of two professional or scholastic references with addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses.
Brand Library & Art Center
1601 W. Mountain St.
Glendale, CA 91207
INTERNSHIP AWARD SCHEDULE OF DEADLINES FOR 2006-2007
- October 3, 2006: Deadline for submission of applications.
- November 15, 2006: Selection of recipient by Internship Award Sub-Committee.
- January 5, 2007: Deadline for selection of host institution by the intern for a Spring 2007 internship.
- April 13, 2007: Deadline for selection of host institution by the intern for a Summer 2007.
- May 4, 2007: Deadline for selection of host institution by the intern for a Fall 2007 internship.
Visit the ARLIS/NA Internship award page online at: http://www.arlisna.org/about/awards/internship_info.html
View descriptions of past recipients’ internship experiences at: http://www.arlisna.org/about/awards/internship_winners.html
Contact the Sub-Committee Chair:
Arts and Architecture Librarian
Pennsylvania State University
University Park, PA 16802