|Job Title||Archivist II (Hispanic Collections)|
|Company||Houston Public Library – Customer Experience/Special Collections|
|Location||Houston Metropolitan Research Center 500 McKinney St. Houston, TX|
|Salary||$49,400.00 – $52,000.00 Annually|
|Required Experience||Requires an ALA accredited Master’s degree in Library Science or a Master’s degree in History or a related field and one (1) year experience in archival processing, archival collecting, historical research, reference, programming, or a related field.|
Requires a Bachelor’s degree plus 18 hours toward an ALA accredited Master’s degree in Library Science or 18 hours toward a Master’s in History or a related field and two (2) years of experience in archival processing, archival collecting, historical research, reference, programming, or a related field. A Master’s degree must be completed within two (2) years from being hired into this classification.
|Sample Job Responsibilities|| • Manage assigned HMRC archival collections, including the entire Hispanic archival collection component. Activities include processing, collection care, and reproduction according to best practices and standards. This may include acquisition, cataloging, and digitization.|
• Develop policy, procedures, and workflows for the audiovisual materials.
• Provide specialized reference services and research assistance to the general public in-person, on the phone, and via email with a special focus on the Hispanic collections-based reference service.
• Contribute to HMRC’s programming efforts by conducting departmental tours, leading programs, participating in outreach efforts, and representing the library and HMRC at public events.
• Work collaboratively with other HPL staff to manage, preserve, and make available non-image audiovisual materials and media types in HMRC’s holdings.
• Assist in grant writing for Hispanic collections and audiovisual materials and participates in grant-funded projects as needed.
|Deadline||The position closes on 12/28/2021 at 11:59pm|