|Job Title||Multimedia Archivist|
|Company||The Musical Instrument Museum|
|Required Experience||• Advanced knowledge of accepted standards and practices for museum registration and collections management, rights and reproduction, as well as legal and ethical issues required|
• Must be technically literate including demonstrable experience with digital asset management systems, digital media, cataloging standards, controlled vocabularies, file naming, online research, and spreadsheets
• Enjoy working both collaboratively and independently
• Self-starter demonstrating initiative, flexibility, and resourcefulness with an ability to approach problems creatively
• 2-3 years of related experience working with a multimedia collection
• M.L.I.S., M.A., or B.A. degree in Art History, Library Sciences, or Museum Studies preferred
• Background in music, research, or teaching is a plus.
• Familiarity with Piction or other asset management database programs is a plus.
|Sample Job Responsibilities|| • Act as primary point of contact on issues relating to image copyright and licensing, liaising with relevant departments on the use of images within exhibits, programs, and marketing materials|
• In collaboration with curators, multimedia producers, exhibit designers and others, obtain images and a/v materials, permissions and copyright from lenders, consultants, and services; track licensing restrictions; negotiate licensing fees, credit line information, and terms
• Manage and maintain policies and procedures for rights, and reproduction of MIM-owned materials
• Work creatively with team to establish policies and procedures for processing a/v materials and archives
• Monitor and maintain usability of digital asset management system (Piction) and its interfaces.
• Collaborate with the Collections department on collection management issues related to a/v materials