|Job Title||Library Project Specialist for Collections Management|
|Company||Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute Library|
|Full-time/Part-time||Full-time: 1 year appointment|
|Required Experience|| • Bachelor’s degree required|
• Master’s in Library Science preferred
• Minimum of 6 months of relevant library experience
• Experience with assigning LC subject headings and creating NACO authority records preferred
|Sample Job Responsibilities||The Library Project Specialist will report to the Collections Management Librarian and will be responsible for the Mind the Gaps Database Project to increase the visibility of and access to existing Library collection material on emerging artists and artists from underrepresented groups and marginalized identities.|
• Identify bibliographic records for group exhibitions and collective catalogs which feature works by lesser-known artists and artists from underrepresented groups and marginalized identities including but not limited to artists of color, indigenous artists, women artists, and LGBTQ+ artists.
• Enhance the bibliographic records lacking individual artists’ names due to earlier cataloging standards, by adding contents notes and subject entries for each artist to facilitate search and recall. Update topical subject headings when needed.
• Create NACO authority records for artists not yet represented in the Library of Congress Name Authority file.
• Assist with the systematic replacement of outdated and problematic LC subject headings to preferred local terms derived from a range of alternative controlled vocabularies.