|Job Title||Library Project Specialist- Artists Books|
|Company||Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute Library|
|Full-time/Part-time||Full-time – 1 year appointment|
|Required Experience||Education, Training, and Skills Bachelor’s degree required. Familiarity with artists’ books preferred. |
Work Experience Minimum of 3 months of relevant experience preferred. Experience with controlled vocabularies preferred.
|Sample Job Responsibilities||The Library Specialist will analyze the library’s Artists’ Books Collection to identify characteristics desirable for collection research; examples include construction techniques, materials, subjects, and creator attributes beyond those captured in traditional bibliographic records. |
• Create a framework of search categories.
• Create lists of descriptive terms for each category, using established national and international controlled vocabularies as appropriate.
• Analyze individual items from the collection and assign appropriate terms to describe the physical, intellectual, and creator/contributor content, incorporating existing metadata when available.
• Identify special features or layouts of each item for imaging staff to use in creating photographic documentation.
• Create online exhibitions highlighting important items using Omeka.