|Job Title||Instruction Librarian|
|Company||The University of the Arts|
|Required Experience|| • ALA accredited master’s degree in library/information science is required and an academic degree in the arts is preferred.|
• Strong professional experience or coursework in information literacy instruction, preferably with knowledge of instructional technologies and learning theory, at the college level.
• Experience with providing reference and research assistance in an academic library context.
• Experience with collection development.
• Experience with arts education is desirable, especially in higher education.
|Sample Job Responsibilities|| • Provides information literacy instruction in the library and in the classroom. Develops written and online materials to support and promote these efforts and ensure UArts community awareness of library resources and services. Leads the University Libraries’ instructional program, including assessment of student learning. |
• Serves as library liaison to assigned departments, including faculty outreach and collection development.
• Participates in orientation activities for new students and new faculty.
• Participates in circulation desk coverage. Answers directional and informational questions from patrons, and answers reference questions in-person and online. Assists patrons in the use of library resources. • • • Contributes to library social media presence.
• Compiles monthly reference and instruction statistics into reports for the Director for Library Services and the Director for Library Operations.
• Writes periodic reports on instruction and assessment efforts and the activities of the IRLG.
• Attends meetings of librarians, library staff, and other standing and ad hoc groups. Convenes and sets agendas for meetings of the IRLG.
• Collaborates with Director for Learning Assessment (Provost’s Office), First-Year Writing Program Director (College of Critical & Professional Studies), and other academic administrators as needed.
|Application instructions||Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Human Resources Department via email to email@example.com. Please ensure job title is in the Subject line.|