We have extended the deadline for presentation proposals for our fall conference to September 7!
The Southeast Chapter of the Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/SE) is accepting proposals for presentations at the 2021 Annual Conference, which will be held online on October 14th – 15th, 2021. More information about the conference, including online registration, can be found on our chapter’s conference website.
This year we will be hosting both lightning round and poster presentations:
- Lightning round presentations are to be talks c. 10 minutes in length and may include several presentation slides.
- Poster presentations are to be 3-5 minute elevator talks about the project alongside a single slide in poster format.
Both types of presentations will be followed by a question-and-answer period. Presentations may discuss, but are not limited to, the following topics and themes:
· Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Library initiatives or projects, mentoring, critical librarianship
· Assessment: Assessment Plans, Performance Funding Metrics, Altmetrics
· Collections: Archives, Special Collections, Open Educational Resources, Collection Development
· COVID-19: Agility and innovations in response to online instruction, reference, etc. as they pertain to Arts Librarianship
· Digital Scholarship: Digital Humanities, Born-Digital Resources, Metadata, Scholarly Communication, Institutional Repositories, Asset Management
· Instruction: Information Literacy, ACRL Frameworks, Curriculum Development, Embedded Librarianship, Instructional Technology, Professional Development
· Outreach: Marketing, Promotion, Institutional Partnerships, Subject Liaisons, Programming
· Spaces: Makerspaces, Renovations, New Construction, Learning Labs
Please submit proposals of no more than 250 words for poster or lightning via this Google Form by September 7, 2021. Accepted proposals will be notified by September 10, 2021. Send any questions to Lindsey or Leah. We look forward to reading your proposals, and to “seeing” you at the conference!
2021 Program Planning Committee
Ann Holderfield, Chair