|Job Title||Reference and Collections Assistant|
|Company||Fine Arts Library – Cornell University|
|Full-time/Part-time||Part-time (28-hours per week) three-year term appointment (August-May)|
|Required Experience||– Bachelor’s degree and up to 2 years’ relevant experience, OR equivalent combination;|
– Proven ability to cultivate an environment of diversity, equity and inclusion.
– Good communication skills, especially when it comes to discussing complex ideas with various audiences. You can get a point across, and you’re also a good listener.
– Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy in record keeping, often while managing interruptions and multitasking.
– Ability to work with a variety of operating systems and devices (primarily Windows PCs), and a willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies.
– Ability to work both collaboratively and independently. Right at this moment, you probably don’t have all the technical skills you want to have, but you’re enthusiastic about learning new ones, and you’re able to orient to the basics of new tools pretty quickly. You’re comfortable saying, “I don’t know, but let’s work on it together.”
– Proven reliability. You recognize that libraries are haven for many, and are committed to coordinating with other FAL staff members to ensure that the doors stay open on a consistent schedule.
– This position may require the ability to lift/move 10 to 20 pounds of materials. These tasks may be performed with or without accommodations.
|Sample Job Responsibilities||We are looking for someone who will help our patrons to navigate the many resources available through our library, including materials located physically on-site, in other libraries, and online. In addition to assisting patrons directly, you will contribute to a user-friendly environment by promoting the organization and accuracy of our physical materials. The person in this position will play a key role in both the public and technical services operations of the Fine Arts Library.|