|Job Title||Collections Manager|
|Company||Weeksville Heritage Center|
|Salary||salaried (No amount indicated)|
|Required Experience||Bachelor’s of Arts in museum studies, history, social sciences, or related fields.|
|Sample Job Responsibilities||● Create and implement procedures and workflows for digital collecting and|
● Oversee, manage, and advocate for resources required for the proper storage of
art, artifacts, and other objects in the WHC collection, including consulting with
conservators regarding the conditions necessary to store objects safely.
● Manage the following tasks to assure that objects on display and in storage are
being properly maintained: conduct regular walk-throughs; respond to
notifications of problems in exhibition/storage spaces; maintain data loggers in
exhibition spaces and storage; conduct periodic checks for pests and request,
through Facilities, appropriate pest control technicians when necessary.
● Create and maintain the annual budget for the Collections Department.
● Serve as the administrator of the Center’s collections management system,
PastPerfect, by creating and maintaining administrative and user documentation
for the software, managing user access, inputting data, and training relevant staff
and interns on the use of the system. Additionally, manage Equinox Open Source
Library System and ArchiveSpace.
● Manage ongoing work of processing accessions and deaccessions, and
inventory/documentation projects with support of interns.
● Identify fundraising opportunities to support the ongoing work of the Collections
department, as well as new initiatives. Participate in preparation of grant
● Manage the Center’s institutional archives and coordinate access and use of its