Best Student Research Paper Award 2021
Since 1950, through 70 volumes, Libri: International Journal of Libraries and Information Studies has been a leader among scholarly journals in the international library and information science world. As part of its strategy to remain one of the premier library and information science journals, Libri is issuing a call for “Best Student Research Paper of 2021.” This competition supports Libri’s goal of publishing the best articles from the next generation of library and information science professionals. We are proud once again to recognize the very best article with this special award.
Students who are currently enrolled for a Masters or PhD or who have completed their Masters or PhD during the 24 months preceding the closing date of the competition are invited to submit articles with clarity and authority. There is no stated theme, but should fall within the scope of LIBRI’s research focus areas cover the broad area of library and information science, including but not limited to:
· Libraries (national, public, academic, school, special, etc.) and other information environments
· Information and knowledge management
· Information for development (developing and industrialized countries)
· Indigenous knowledge
· Literacy (media, information, etc.)
· Data analytics, big data and their impact on organisations (e.g., customer related data; social science perspective)
· Digital libraries and repositories
· Data management, data curation and virtual research environments (VREs)
· Information ethics and information law
· Freedom of access to information and freedom of expression
· Archives & preservation
· Cultural heritage
· Book and publishing history
· Theory submissions
Research papers should address one of the significant issues facing today’s librarians and information professionals. Case studies, best practices, and pure research papers are all welcome.
- Length: 5,000 – 7,000 words (excluding the abstract and list of references)
- Follow the Instructions for Authors located at https://www.degruyter.com/view/journals/libr/libr-overview.xml.
- Language: English
- Deadline: June 30, 2021
The best paper will be selected by an independent panel consisting of selected members of the Editorial Board, the Advisory Board and other international experts. Submissions will be judged on the basis of
- originality of thought and observation
- depth of research and scholarship
- topicality of problems addressed
- the international readership of the journal
- the quality of the composition
The article will be published in the 2021:4 issue. The author of the winning article will be honoured with an award of 500.00 € and with a complimentary subscription to Libri for 2022.
If the quality of competition warrants, some papers may be designated as honourable mention and the authors will receive complementary subscriptions to Libri for 2022 All winners will receive access to e-prints of their winning submission.
Manuscripts should be submitted to http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/libri. When submitting a paper for the Best Student Research Paper Award, please choose “Best Student Research Paper Award” at the drop-down menu “Manuscript Type.”
All submissions should include a cover sheet confirming:
- the name of the institution where the student is or was enrolled
- the degree for which the student is or was enrolled
- the dates when the student is or was enrolled
- the degree/course/module for which the paper was prepared
- the date when the paper was written
PLEASE NOTE: Paper submissions who do not include all the above required elements, as well as do not comply with the content requirements specified, will be disqualified for consideration. All papers will also automatically be screened for plagiarism and patch-writing.