The Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) and the Visual Resources Association Foundation (VRAF), along with the SEI 2021 Implementation Team, are pleased to announce the Samuel H. Kress Foundation Scholarships for the 2021 Summer Educational Institute for Visual Resources and Image Management (SEI), to be held online on June 22-25, 2021.
The Samuel H. Kress Foundation is once again generously funding scholarships for SEI 2021. This year, due to the reduced registration fee for the online workshop, we are able to fund more scholarships than in previous years. This intensive workshop is designed to serve a wide range of information professionals eager to learn about best practices and new technologies and/or update job skills in the realm of digital collections management, as well as to provide significant networking and professional development opportunities. The comprehensive curriculum seeks to address the requirements of today’s cultural heritage information professional, including hands-on and lecture modules presented by expert instructors. SEI provides new professionals, current library school students, and mid-career professionals from a wide range of related fields the opportunity to stay current in an ever-evolving digital landscape. Museum professionals, archivists, visual resources professionals, digital librarians, art and architecture librarians, digital project managers, current and recent graduate students, and others in related fields are all encouraged to attend.
- The Kress Scholarship recipients will each receive complimentary registration to SEI.
- SEI 2021 is a live event and nearly all workshops will be taught synchronously over 3.5 days. Kress Scholarship recipients are expected to participate fully in the entire workshop. We encourage you to review the schedule before applying.
- Each Kress Scholarship recipient will be required to write a summary detailing how they benefitted from SEI and the scholarship upon completion of SEI 2021.
- All applications will be evaluated by the SEI Co-chairs based on the criteria established for the award and any additional directions from the Kress Foundation. Priority will be given to ARLIS/NA and VRA members and those who are in graduate school, professionals who have a financial need, or who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC).
- Kress Scholarship applications are due by Monday, March 8, 2021.
- Recipients will be notified after March 15, 2021.
How to Apply:
- Complete the online application form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdLyRmigpBK1ULYSXi2ckrO14KAKVOjL8RyGAbnXWb43vMmYg/viewform
More information can be found on the SEI website: https://seiworkshop.org/scholarships-2021/