Full Time Position with Benefits and Faculty Status
The Alfred R. Goldstein Library at Ringling College of Art and Design seeks a creative, collaborative, empathetic, and learner-centered Instructional Design Librarian.Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and leverage instructional strategies, course design and objectives, learning outcomes, and pedagogical theory to enhance student learning and information literacy.
- Deliver both synchronous instruction and technology-mediated asynchronous and reusable learning objects, assignments, and activities, including through the campus LMS (Canvas), to enable scaling of the library’s instructional program.
- Support students, faculty, and staff via research consultations, library instruction, and workshops across the curriculum and in assigned liaison departments.
- Help and advise faculty to identify, evaluate, and apply instructional strategies and technologies essential to the design and delivery of in-person and online instructional services using best practices of instructional design and current research on student learning.
- Share coordination and supervision of Student Research Consultants with fellow Instructional Design Librarian.
- Actively participate in faculty governance, institutional service, outreach efforts, and professional development and leadership.
The ideal candidate will understand the information needs of art and design practitioners, be able to effectively connect with students, work directly with faculty in an evolving curriculum, have knowledge of and/or experience providing instructional and pedagogical support, and be comfortable using a variety of emerging technology and software applications to deliver library instructional services.
This position reports to the Director of Library Services.
The Alfred R. Goldstein Library at Ringling College of Art and Design is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse team of staff and librarians. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from members of underrepresented groups and strongly encourage applicants from equity-seeking communities, including women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions to apply for this position.
Ringling College is located near beautiful downtown Sarasota, Florida and Gulf of Mexico beaches. The residential campus is 65 miles south of Tampa and 75 miles north of Fort Myers. Open since 2017, the Alfred R. Goldstein Library is an architecturally stunning state-of-the-art facility that has transformed the way the Ringling College community interacts with our collections and services. For more information visit: www.ringling.edu/libraryMinimum Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in an art, art history, creative writing, visual studies, or a design discipline.
- Ability to partner with departments and faculty to advance teaching and learning throughout the curriculum.
- Experience with and willingness to utilize and promote emerging technologies and technology-mediated instructional methods.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and to collaborate effectively with faculty and staff colleagues.
- A commitment to equity and diversity and an ability to support and enhance a diverse learning and working environment.
- Excellent and effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Post-MLS professional librarian work experience designing effective instructional experiences that accommodate a variety of learning styles.
- Previous experience or training in instructional design, pedagogical theory, or an education discipline.
- Knowledge of the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education, the ARLIS/NA Information Competencies for Students in Design Disciplines, and other relevant information literacy standards and practices.
- Advanced technology skills, including experience with learning management systems, multiple software platforms, and other digital media delivery systems.
Work Hours Posting Date 07/29/2020 Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Send: 1) cover letter highlighting specific qualifications and experiences that address the responsibilities of the position; 2) resume/CV; 3) separate statement addressing your teaching philosophy and the role librarians can play in pedagogical support. Submit written materials in PDF format to: https://ringling.simplehire.com.
Candidates may be asked to submit additional materials if needed.
Open until filled. Apply on-line https://ringling.simplehire.com