The Association of Architecture School Librarians (AASL) Programming Committee is excited to release a call for session proposals for the 43rd Annual Association of Architecture School Librarians Conference, March 11-13, 2021.
We invite individuals from across our community to share insights and experiences. Whether you offer decades of knowledge or are just beginning your career, we want to hear from you on our conference theme:
Expanding the View: Prospects for Architecture Libraries
The Association of Architecture School Librarians seeks to expand our view by:
- Addressing diversity, equity, and inclusion within the library profession, our own institutions, and promoting social justice.
- Pushing the boundaries of knowledge creation, dissemination, and preservation by investigating new modes, relationships, and technologies.
- Exploring interdisciplinary collaborations between architecture and allied disciplines in university libraries, classrooms, and digital spaces.
- Expanding the library’s role in learning, teaching, and research through digital humanities, data curation, visualization, and other emerging technologies.
Conference programming will include different formats: lightning-talks, conference papers, group workshops, and discussion panels.
- Lightning Talks: 5-minute presentations limited to 15 images/slides at 20 seconds each,
- Conference Paper Presentations: 15-minute presentations, with five additional minutes for audience questions.
- Group Workshops: 1-hour participatory sessions where the audience gets to explore a new tool or process using their laptops.
- Discussion Panels: 45-minute discussion/debate between a group of four or fewer presenters on a single topic, with 15 additional minutes reserved for audience participation.
Submission Deadline: Midnight PST Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Please note that proposal abstracts will be included in the conference program. Please use this Google Form to submit your proposals: https://forms.gle/ssZouLRkY5WXbTdm8 If you have any questions regarding submissions for our sessions, please contact the 2021 Programming Committee at email@example.com.