Grand Valley State University is seeking an intern/practicum student to work with the Strategic Assessment Librarian during the summer of 2020. This paid internship will focus on the creation of resources that will support library faculty and staff in their assessment work. The successful candidate will develop skills and experience in collaboration, project management, technical writing, and information organization.
This 100-hour paid internship can be completed entirely remotely, or at the GVSU Allendale campus. If additional work hours are needed to receive course credit, we can support an additional 35 hours of unpaid internship time with special projects (135 hours total). The pay rate will be $23.55/hr for 100 hours.
• Employ best practices and appropriate methods, such as surveys and focus groups, to collaboratively assess library faculty/staff assessment resource needs
• Analyze needs assessment data to identify appropriate format and content for a toolkit of assessment resources
• Research and synthesize best practices for library assessment
• Work with Strategic Assessment Librarian to develop, evaluate, and revise toolkit
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong project- and time-management skills
• Clear written communication skills, including the ability to translate information for non-experts
• A general understanding of and interest in library assessment and/or assessment tools, methods, and trends
• Strong research skills, including experience strategically searching library databases and reading scholarly materials in the LIS field
If you are interested, please send a CV and brief statement of interest to Kristin Kerbavaz at firstname.lastname@example.org. The statement of interest can be as little as a paragraph summarizing your interest in assessment and how this position would help you meet your professional goals.
Review of applications will begin on April 1st, 2020, and continue until the position is filled.