bout the 2020 Travel Award
Are you an art librarian or library student living in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands territory? Are you hoping to attend the 48th ARLIS/NA Annual Conference in St. Louis, Missouri, April 20-24, 2020?
To encourage the professional development of our members, the Art Libraries Society of North America Southeast Chapter (ARLIS/NA-SE) will sponsor one $500 (USD) award for the strongest applicant to attend ARLIS/NA in St. Louis. Please see below for eligibility and required duties of the award recipient.
To apply, complete the online application form by 11:55 pm EST March 2, 2020. The recipient will be notified by March 4th, in order to catch the early registration rate ending March 15th.
The purpose of this award is to cultivate a talented, dedicated, and educated group of professionals for the ARLIS/NA organization as well as the ARLIS/NA-SE chapter. Funds from this award may be used to pay for travel, lodging, registration and meals associated with professional development activities at the annual ARLIS/NA conference.
Any individual meeting these criteria may apply for the award; however first-time attendees are given preference:
· Currently reside in the geographic area served by the ARLIS/NA-SE chapter (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, and the U.S. Virgin Islands).
· Membership in ARLIS/NA-SE and ARLIS/NA at the time of application is not required, although preference will be given to current ARLIS/NA-SE members.
· Currently be either employed in the field of art librarianship and/or visual resources curatorship, or enrolled in an educational program leading to a graduate degree in librarianship.
· Current students, individuals beginning their professional career within the field of Art Information in the past five years, and paraprofessionals who are becoming active in ARLIS/NA or ARLIS/SE for the first time may be included.
· Recipients of the award may not reapply in future years.
Award Recipient Duties
The travel award recipient is expected to:
· Participate in the ARLIS/NA Conference Networking program (if they have not previously done so).
· Attend the ARLIS/NA-SE Chapter meeting at the annual ARLIS/NA conference.
· Submit a written report on his or her conference activities within one month of the conference. The report should be submitted to the ARLIS/NA-SE webmaster to be posted to the ARLIS/NA-SE webpage.
· Serve on the 2021 Professional Development Travel Award Committee and subsequently chair the committee in 2022.