The Spectrum Advisory Committee and The Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) Professional Development – Education Subcommittee are excited to collaborate on Recruitment, Retention, and Experiences of Art Library Professionals, a webinar around the experiences of PoC in art librarianship and beyond, scheduled for Wednesday, October 30th at 10am PDT/11am MT/12pm CDT/1pm EDT. The webinar is 75 minutes long including a series of short presentations by six panelists, followed by a moderated discussion.
· Simone Fujita, Bibliographer, African American Art, Getty Research Institute
· Carla-Mae Crookendale, Arts Research Librarian, James Branch Cabell Library, Virginia Commonwealth University
· Nimisha Bhat, Visual Arts Librarian, Hillyer Art Library, Smith College
· Mar González Palacios, Associate Director, Special Collections, Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library, Yale University Library
· Treshani Perera, Music and Fine Arts Cataloging Librarian, Lucille Caudill Little Fine Arts Library, University of Kentucky Libraries
· Isabel Espinal, MLIS, PhD, Librarian for Afro American Studies, Latin American, Caribbean, & Latinx Studies, Native American & Indigenous Studies, Spanish & Portuguese, and Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies, W.E.B. Du Bois Library, University of Massachusetts.
Moderator: Carol Ng-He, Exhibits Coordinator, Arlington Heights Memorial Library, ARLIS/NA Professional Development – Education Subcommittee Member