About the Metropolitan Museum of Art
The Metropolitan Museum of Art collects, studies, conserves, and presents significant works of art across all times and cultures in order to connect people to creativity, knowledge, and ideas.
The Met presents over 5,000 years of art from around the world for everyone to experience and enjoy. The Museum lives in three iconic sites in New York City—The Met Fifth Avenue, The Met Breuer, and The Met Cloisters. Since it was founded in 1870, The Met has always aspired to be more than a treasury of rare and beautiful objects. Every day, art comes alive in the Museum’s galleries and through its exhibitions and events, revealing both new ideas and unexpected connections across time and across cultures.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES: This is a full-time position with a June 2023 end date
Under the direction of the Managing Archivist, participates in the preparation of Museum archival collections for transfer to offsite storage.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Rehouse archival collections into storage containers appropriate for transfer to offsite storage
- Prepare file-level and box-level inventories of archival collections utilizing Archivist’s Toolkit and Excel
- Create and update Watsonline library catalog records for archival collections
- Apply barcodes to archival containers and stage all materials for retrieval by outside movers
- Facilitate load-out of archival collections by outside mover
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience and Skills:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook and Excel
- Experience with Archivists Toolkit database and Sierra bibliographic software preferred
- Ability to lift boxes weighing up to 40 pounds
- 1-3 years experience in an archives or special collections library preferred
Knowledge and Education:
- BA degree; some completed coursework towards an MS in Information/Library Science or MA in History/Archival Management.
- Familiarity with archival preservation and bibliographic software
To Apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1321738168/