- Manage Gallery’s ILS according to an in-house content standard; and update as needed.
- Maintain and oversee cataloguing of all library books for circulation within the Gallery and set up check out stations.
- Responsible for maintaining the on and offsite auction catalogue inventories.
- Liaise with Accounting department for all Library invoices.
- Manage digital subscriptions to ensure timely renewal.
- Oversee training and supervision of Library interns.
- Ensure library books are appropriately catalogued at other Gallery locations.
- Oversee collection development for the Gallery’s library.
- Purchase and catalogue new books for the Gallery’s library.
- Catalogue secondary market artworks; Impressionist, modern and contemporary
- Thoroughly research artworks provenance, exhibition and publication history
- Research artworks using online databases, gallery library, offsite libraries and consignor’s liaisons within gallery
- Proofread cataloguing
- Masters in Library Information Science, with a strong interest in art and research (preferably a Bachelor’s in Art History)
- Experience with ILS software or software as a service
- Familiarity with art resources and databases
- Must have strong knowledge of the gallery world and modern and contemporary art
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently and exercise judgement as needed
- Able to complete work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Highly detail-oriented
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Prior professional working or internship experience
- Experience with Eloquent SaaS
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite (InDesign)
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position with overtime.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including three weeks’ paid vacation.
Application Instructions: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Librarian” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Gagosian is committed to maintaining a diverse working environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.