|Position Title||University Archivist|
|Position Summary||Reporting to the Director of the Special Collections Research Center (SCRC), the University Archivist will be responsible for documenting and promoting the history of the college and working with various stakeholders to ensure the preservation of the university’s records and other historical materials.|
|Required Qualifications||• A graduate degree in library science from an ALA-accredited institution, graduate degree in archival studies, or graduate degree in a related discipline with equivalent experience in archives and/or manuscripts.
• Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to accepted practices and standards for the arrangement, description, and preservation of archival materials.
• Familiarity with records management principles and current trends, including archival management of electronic records.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Supervisory experience.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Strong commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity and inclusion.
|Preferred Qualifications||• Experience identifying and cultivating donors and other stakeholders in supporting library or archival programs.
• Experience in an academic library environment.
• Experience working with and preserving archival collections in non-textual formats, such as photographs, audio recordings, video recordings, and digital files.
|Advertised Pay Range||$55,000 – $75,000 Commensurate with experience|
|Department||Swem Library Operating – 361000|
|Location||William & Mary|
|University Salary Range||U12|
|Job Open Date||06/05/2019|
|Review Begin Date||06/24/2019|
|Job Close Date||06/26/2019|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Employment Category||Professional FT|
|Special Application Instructions||Please include a list of three references.|
|Conditions of Employment:|
|EEO Statement||The College of William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.|
|Background Check Statement||The College of William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.|
To Apply: https://jobs.wm.edu/postings/35846