Blizzard Entertainment is on the quest for a hardworking new Librarian & Archivist to join our Vault team! In this role, you will handle the day-to-day responsibilities of both Blizzard’s library and physical archive, as well as deliver high quality information services to Blizzard employees.
The Librarian & Archivist will ensure that Library resources are impeccably organized and highly relevant to the current learning needs and requests of employees. You will also support the Vault team’s ongoing efforts to preserve the history of Blizzard Entertainment by ensuring the physical archive is properly arranged, processed, and maintained according to archival standards. These physical assets include concept art, sculptures, textiles, legacy games, photographs, and much more.
Are you meticulous, possess strong interpersonal skills, have expertise in handling special collections, and have deep understanding of Blizzard franchises? Are you the hero we’re looking for?
- Oversee circulation and maintenance of the library at the Irvine campus
- Support regional library branches with additional collection management and acquisitions
- Provide excellent customer service, reference, and resource assistance to library users
- Partner with various team members to acquire new reference materials relevant to current company pursuits
- Catalog materials, collection management, and analyze of library resources
- Assist with acquisitions and management of items loaned for exhibits to both internal teams and external vendors
- Appraise, process, digitize, catalog, and create finding aids for physical items in the Blizzard Archive
- Create and maintain documentation for new and established library and archival practices
- Perform other duties for the Blizzard Vault team as required
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library & Information Science, Archives & Records Administration, or equivalent
- 2+ years professional experience in reference or public services in a library
- 2+ years professional experience in an archive, preferably with special collections
- Deep knowledge of Blizzard intellectual properties
- Proven knowledge of industry standard methodologies in cataloging, collections management, and preservation standards for both library and archival materials
- Complete understanding of metadata standards, specifically in MARC21, LCSH, and LC classification schedules
- You should be thorough, with ability to multi-task, work independently, and manage time effectively
- Superb interpersonal skills, oral, written, and collaboration skills for working in a globally diverse team environment
- Need to be able to independently lift up to 40 pounds, retrieve and move heavy items from shelving units, and safely move heavy carts
- Experience with the Polaris Integrated Library System
- Experience working with special and unique library collections
Required Application Materials
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
Job Status: Full-time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
To Apply: http://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/blizzard/job/oyfbafwS?jvs=Indeed&jvk=Job&jvi=oyfbafwS%2CJob&j=oyfbafwS&__jvst=Job+Board&__jvsd=Indeed
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the “Best Places to Work” for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise). We are a community of 5000+ global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. We’ve worked hard to foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.