The position of Visual Resources Assistant is a part–time, non-exempt position of up to 11 hours per week providing support to the Visual Resources Librarian in the Visual Resources Library. This position reports to the Visual Resources Librarian.
PRIMARY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· Scanning images using flat-bed scanners
· Manipulating scanned digital images (adjusting, cropping, and repairing) in Photoshop
· Participating in researching images using databases in our main library
· Assist with cataloging images using FileMaker
· Managing images in Artstor
· Assist with creating or adding information to library research guides for the Visual Resources Library
· Detailed repetitive work checking records, data entry, and organizing image files and paper work
· Other duties as required.
Team and Interpersonal Skills: Success in this position requires positive relationships with other team members including support staff and senior staff.
Service Orientation: Success in this position requires a service-oriented perspective in which, to the greatest extent possible, treat students and other employees in such a way that they feel well served by a professional representative of the BAC.
Confidentiality and Discretion: Success in this position requires the ability not only to maintain the confidentiality of student and employee records, but also the ability to discern when it is appropriate to divulge privileged or confidential information.
EDUCATIONAL criteria: B.A degree from an accredited institution or previous library experience required. Coursework towards require.
· Interest and/or background in art and/or architectural history preferred
· Basic to intermediate skills using Adobe Photoshop
· Basic to intermediate writing skills
· Basic research skills
· Enjoy working as a part of a small team
· Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
· Attention to detail and highly organized
· Ability to adapt to changing priorities
Interest and/or background in photography is helpful but not a necessity
· Visual resources and/or library experience is helpful but not a necessity
Interest in cataloging images
· Able to overlap work schedule with the Visual Resources Librarian’s schedule.
· Able to commit to a consistent schedule.
· Speak clearly and understand spoken communication.
Link to job posting: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=43ed2d4f-3653-424b-a940-d35b9640807d&jobId=274620&source=IN