2019 Lois Swan Jones Professional Development Award Announcement
The ARLIS/NA Texas-Mexico Chapter is pleased to announce the 2019 Lois Swan Jones Professional Development Award, which supports the participation of an ARLIS/NA Texas-Mexico chapter member at the ARLIS/NA 47th annual conference to be held in Salt Lake City, March 26-30, 2019.
This year, the $750 award will be awarded to help defray the costs of attending the conference – students and professionals are both encouraged to apply!
The deadline for applications is Friday, January 11, 2019.
- Applicant must be a member in good standing of ARLIS/NA. This year’s award will also include one year of membership in the ARLIS Texas-Mexico chapter, required for eligibility.
- Applicants who are fully funded to attend the conference through their institution of employment or education are not eligible.
- Applicant may live outside of Texas or Mexico.
- Applicant is eligible even if the member has previously received the award. The committee shall consider the merits of the individual application independent of past decisions.
- The award committee urges everyone with interest and need to apply, especially first-time conference attendees!
- Applicant should submit a letter of application and curriculum vitae to the award committee chair via email (Helen Lueders at firstname.lastname@example.org). The letter must include a statement of qualification explaining eligibility and interest, the amount of expected institutional funding (if any) for conference attendance, and proposed conference program involvement.
- Deadline for 2019 Award submissions is January 11, 2019. The award this year is $750.
A description of the award, application procedure and selection factors, and a list of previous recipients can be found on the Chapter’s website: http://texas-mexico.arlisna.
** Please forward this announcement to anyone you know who might qualify and benefit from attending the conference in March – current or recently graduated library & information studies students, colleagues, friends! **
Submitted by Helen Lueders, Chair of 2019 Lois Swan Jones Professional Development Award Committee – feel free to contact me with any questions at email@example.com.