Are you an intellectually curious and service-oriented Librarian that has a passion for art and academics? Academy of Art University is seeking to hire a full-time Reference and Information Literacy Librarian who meets this criteria. In this role, the Reference and Information Literacy Librarian will schedule and conduct on-site instruction sessions with academic classes and respective faculty to demonstrate how to effectively use the library’s physical collection as well as its online resources. The Reference and Information Literacy Librarian will build positive working relationships by partnering with faculty to promote awareness of the library’s resources and academic capabilities. This position will interact with students daily and provide support in pursuit of their art and design-based academic research.
- Master’s in Library Science (MLS) from an institution accredited by the American Library Association (ALA).
- Strong reference and information literacy teaching skills required.
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Be a self-starter, work well independently and in a team environment and manage multiple priorities with ease.
- Have a friendly, outgoing and supportive approach. Demonstrate commitment to providing quality customer service.
- Demonstrate proficiency using PCs, MACs and related library services software.
Academy of Art University offers full-time employees health insurance, 401k options, paid vacation and paid holidays, paid sick leave and a commuter benefit program. The Academy also offers full-time employees an opportunity to take one undergraduate course tuition free each semester. We also have a swimming pool with multiple lanes, two fitness centers and many recreational programs that you are welcome to benefit from throughout the year.
Academy of Art University is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered regardless of age, Aids or HIV positive status, marital status, domestic partnership, medical condition or genetic characteristics, race or national origin, pregnancy, religion, sex, gender identity, gender or sexual orientation, name change, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran status or other status protected by federal, state, local or other law. Equal access to the hiring process, services, and employment is available to all persons. Applicants requiring accommodations to the application and/or interview process should contact the Human Resources Manager by calling 415-274-2222. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Link to original job posting: