Interlochen Center for the Arts is looking to hire an Academic Library Intern for the 2018 camp season.
The dates of the agreement 6/11/18-8/7/18 and the stipend for the entire duration of the agreement is $1,600. Shared dorm room housing is provided for the dates contracted (early arrival/late stay requests, if space is available, will be paid in full by the employee). All meals are included with your agreement- breakfast, lunch, and dinner when the cafeteria is open.
Major Responsibilities: This is a great internship opportunity for someone interested in librarianship as a career. This position serves the needs of the Interlochen Arts Camp by helping to provide campers, faculty, and staff with resources to support their arts specialty and personal interests while on campus.
- Duties include circulation, shelving, book processing, and implementing summer programs.
- This position also requires the ability to assist library patrons of various ages and interests with finding information by utilizing a variety of databases and the catalog.
- Other responsibilities may include summer projects ranging from collections management to work on the library website Qualifications
- Applicants currently in an MLS program are preferred.
- Applicants must possess excellent customer service skills, proficiency with technology, attentiveness to detail, and a willingness to participate in a team environment.
- Experience with Mac OS and applications is desirable.
To apply go to http://careers.interlochen.org/summerjobs
Required documents for application are: cover letter/letter of interest, resume, and a current listing of three references. You can additionally upload these documents during the submission of the application process by selecting “Apply and continue to upload documents” button. Please upload your documents in a pdf format.