This position is for those who do not want to be bored at work! The Valley Cottage Library, a busy suburban library serving the residents of the Nyack School District and dedicated to providing a superior library experience to our users, seeks a creative, outgoing individual to serve as our Program and Exhibits Manager. The successful candidate will be someone with a passion for public service and a desire to showcase their interpersonal skills and creative energies to bring dynamic cultural and educational programming to the community and to continue the success of our widely sought-after gallery exhibit space.
Performing under the supervision of the Library Director, the Program and Exhibits Manager is a position with many aspects which will energize and motivate the right individual. Tasks vary from program planning for adults, curating and managing an exhibit space, and overseeing the creation and distribution of press releases to local media outlets and social media to handling the library’s branding and marketing of print publications, web presences, and other relevant mediums.
- Bachelors Degree preferably with a concentration in the art and/or marketing field
- Two years’ experience in public or community relations and programming
- Demonstrated expertise with MS Office and Adobe CS5+ or higher
- Familiarity with HTML5
- Professional presence and demeanor
- Capacity to command the attention of and speak in front of large groups
- Ability to work well with varied public and employee clientele
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task
The 35 hour work week involves a varied schedule including some weekend and evening hours dependent on program and exhibit schedules. The 7-hour work day includes a paid 30-minute lunch period. The library offers a generous benefits plan, a matching 403B plan and paid health insurance benefits.
Valley Cottage Library is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants responding before November 17, 2017 will attract earliest consideration.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Amelia Kalin, Library Director; firstname.lastname@example.org