The Resource Librarian manages, organizes, and maintains the material library in the San Francisco office, while coordinating his/her efforts with the Chicago headquarters library. The collections include a variety of materials aiding in product selection and research for both the Interior Design and Architecture studios. The Resource Librarian also maintains relationships with industry vendors, tracking the latest product introductions, and curating all materials that find their way into the library collections. The Resource Librarian works closely with the Director of Interiors, and meets regularly with the Directors of Specifications and Information Technology in support of their services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the daily operations of the firm’s material libraries; i.e. large product sample collections, print resources (codes, standards, product binders, magazines, etc.), and electronic resources.
- Provides research services to project teams, finding appropriate products for current projects, researching appropriate code/standards/ordinances and technical data, etc.
- Coordinates remotely with resource librarian in Chicago office to ensure maximization of resources, discuss best practices and achieve a relatively consistent approach to library workflow and management.
- Coordinates the AIA accredited Lunch and Learn presentation schedule, along with the Interior Design product presentation schedule, finding relevant presenters.
- Maintains relationships with industry vendors, meeting regularly for product updates and maintenance of vendor contacts.
- Develops and implements long-term planning for the material library.
- Manages library budget, with strategic spending of funds.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the resources content on the firm’s intranet interface, including an activities calendar, digital resources, and posts on the latest presentations and products.
- An accredited professional degree in Library Sciences, Architecture, Interior Architecture, Interior Design, or Art.
- An accredited graduate degree in disciplines such as, Architecture, Interior Architecture, Interior Design, Library Science, Product Design, etc. preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years post graduate design or construction related experience, including knowledge of the design and construction industries.
- Background knowledge in design, material science, and product transparency/sustainability are strongly preferred.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and service-oriented individual with strong research and organizational skills and excellent written and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Knowledge Software
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
The above constitutes a general description of the Resource Librarian duties as of the publication date. Solomon Cordwell Buenz reserves the right to alter the position’s duties and assignments and to assign additional and/or alternative duties from time to time in its sole discretion.
If interested, please contact Sheila Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.