The Southeast Chapter of ARLIS/NA is accepting proposals for presentations and lightning rounds for the 2017 Annual Conference, which will be held in Savannah Georgia from November 15-17. The lightning rounds are particularly great opportunities for students and young professionals to present their work and gain valuable conference experience.
Lightning Round Proposals
Lightning rounds are meant as a way to share a topic or innovative idea in a fast and concise yet comprehensive visual presentation. Each round will follow the PechaKucha Lightning Talk format of no more than 20 slides, timed at 20 seconds apiece. Topics should reflect an area of interest within art libraries, such as: assessment, collections, digital scholarship, instruction, outreach, or spaces.
Currently enrolled students in a MLIS, Museum Studies, Fine Arts, Design Arts, ArtHistory, or related graduate program
New professionals in one of the aforementioned fields (under 5 years post-degree)
Proposals should contain a title and short description of the presentation you would give, as well as your name, phone number, email address, institutional affiliation (if any), and whether you are designated as a student or young professional.
Please submit proposals for moderated PechaKucha Lightning Round presentations to email@example.com by September 15, 2017.
Presentation Proposals (20 minutes + Q&A)
Presentations may include, but are not limited to, the following topics and themes:
- Assessment: Assessment Plans, Performance Funding Metrics, Altmetrics
- Collections: Archives, Special Collections, Open Educational Resources, Collection Development
- Digital Scholarship: Digital Humanities, Born-Digital Resources, Metadata, Scholarly
- Communication, Institutional Repositories, Asset Management
- Instruction: Information Literacy, ACRL Frameworks, Curriculum Development, Embedded Librarianship, Instructional Technology, Professional Development
- Outreach: Marketing, Promotion, Institutional Partnerships, Subject Liaisons,
- Programming Spaces: Makerspaces, Renovations, New Construction, Learning Labs
Proposals should contain a title and short description of the presentation you would give, as well as your name, phone number, email address, and institutional affiliation (if any).
Please submit presentation proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2017.
For more information about this conference and the ARLIS/NA Southeast Chapter, visit http://southeast.arlisna.org/
Proposal guidelines above are copied from a message from the Southeast Chapter’s 2017 Program Planning Committee, who is comprised of:
Patricia Gimenez, Chair