Not quite the conventional art library job, but it might be interesting!
REFERENCE #: 022010
LOCATION: Vancouver , British Columbia , Canada
JOB FAMILY GROUP: Quality Assurance
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
The color librarian manages the organizational process of the colour department and maintains their physical library in the LAB. This person is driven by process, structure and is independently motivated. The librarian is key in making the work flow for the colorist run more smoothly and efficiently.
a day in the life of the color librarian
- Suppports colourist with tracking lab dip submission comments for colour and colourfastness in PLM
- Maintains library for color standard development and color standard inventory
- Measures lab dips daily for Colorist using Spectrophotometer
- Measures seasonal color standards for Colorist using Spectrophotometer
- Files all lab dips daily as well as ensures end of season maintenance
- Manages all shipment to LLO and receives SSC mail
- Pulls all lab dips for for design/merchandising meetings or readiness reviews
- Ensures all colour approvals made in season are added to color continuity cards and filed in our library
- Processes all invoices through Kofax
- Assists the Colorist in ordering seasonal Color Palette
- Assists in pulling heathers for thread matching
- Organizes fabrics for the creation of the seasonal thread legend
- Uploads recommended dye recipes to Flex PLM at the color level
the finer print
- You will have 1-2 years of administrative work experience
- You have a love for organization
- Ability to work well under pressure and achieve deadlines
- Proactive, problem solving and results oriented
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Desire to excel and succeed
- Actively live and breathe the lululemon culture and lifestyle
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
- Self motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!