Tesla Design conceives vehicle and other products that directly support the company’s mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We care greatly about building products that stand the test of time, even as design and technology keep evolving. The visualization team supports the creative process and Tesla’s global presence, delivering computer generated assets to diverse departments.
You will create computer generated imagery for Tesla programs. Primary tasks will involve maintaining vehicle master files of 3D data on all vehicles for use in real-time review sessions, assisting and researching in use of Virtual Reality (VR) technologies for digital design reviews, and other visualization tasks such as still imagery creation.
- Maintaining “virtual garage” master files for real-time reviews.
- Still imagery creation.
- Shading / Lighting / Texturing.
- Compositing / Post-processing.
- Rigging mechanical systems.
- Animating cameras / vehicles.
- Interfacing with design, engineering, web, stores and manufacturing to provide visualization solutions.
- Supporting existing projects with new additions and edits.
- Working with digital content creation tools including VRED, Deltagen, or Maya.
- Utilize knowledge of computer graphics theory and concepts.
- Learning new tools and exchanging knowledge.
- Creating automotive centric imagery such as stills, real-time vehicle representations, and animations.
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant program.
- You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on experience is a must.
- Professional and positive communication skills.
- Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus.
- Ability to relocate or commute to Hawthorne, CA.