BAM Fall Internships run from September – December 2016 (timing may vary by department)
Internship Program Itinerary:
- BAM Orientation and Theater Tour – Get to know BAM in-depth.
- Trips to local Cultural Institutions – Behind the scene tour of some of the most recognized arts institutions in the city.
- Learn the fundamentals of working at NYC Cultural Institutions
- Work and learn with experienced arts administration professionals – Learn the ins and outs from some of the best in the field.
- Executive Brown Bag lunches – Have lunch with BAM’s Executive Team and glimpse the future of the organization from their perspective.
- Follow the Production – This program tracks the mounting of a presentation at BAM – from artistic selection and budgeting, to load-in and travel visas.
- See BAM performances and films – Gain access to see some of the most coveted shows in town!
- Career counseling and Mentoring
Archives Intern Role and Responsibilities:
- This work will include sorting and filing historical and administrative papers
- The work may include cataloging in Collective Access, an open source relational database, used by BAM Hamm Archives
- The candidate should be able to make a firm 20 hour a week commitment throughout the Fall.
- BAM programming subject knowledge and/or familiarity with Collective Access cataloging a plus.
- Ideal for Library Science or Archival students
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- Experience with Tessitura or Database applications
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Reliable and self-motivated
FULL-TIME/PART-TIME: Full-Time and/or Part-Time
SALARY: $9.25 per hour for candidates currently pursuing their undergraduate degree or recently graduated high school. $10.25 per hour for candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Rolling deadlines, apply as soon as possible.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Go to http://www.bam.org/about/careers AND CLICK ON “APPLICATIONS, FALL INTERNSHIPS – APPLY HERE”
LOCATION: Brooklyn Academy of Music, Fort Greene