Vanderbilt University currently has an immediate opening for a Visual Resources Curator Assistant. Works in association with the Director of Visual Resources in the management of the History of Art digital image collection; aids faculty in digital humanities projects to support teaching and research, conducts research and assists in the expansion of a database of digital images used in the teaching of art and art history; assists and educates collection users with the various resources and technology; supports faculty with classroom technologies; and participates in the training and supervision of temporary workers.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Provides services in accordance with the director and faculty’s goals, objectives, and deadlines; conducts research as necessary to identify and catalog images of artworks in conformity with the established system.
- Provides assistance to collection users; resolves routine to complex problems related to user requests; assists with research and special projects which are part of the growing interest in digital humanities.
- Remain current on the latest technologies and relevant software.
- Locates and selects materials, both in print and digital, with the goal of providing high quality images for use in instruction. Coordinates this function with curator and faculty.
- Participates in the training and supervision of temporary workers in the performance of various duties related to the digital image collection.
- Other relevant duties related to teaching, research and learning as needed.
This is a full-time non-exempt position (30 hours per week). Hours are 8:00am until 2:30pm; Monday – Friday or 8:00am until 4:00pm Tuesday-Friday.
More information and application: https://vanderuniv.taleo.net/careersection/.vu_cs/jobdetail.ftl?job=1604843