Provides reference, research, and instructional services. Assists with interlibrary loan, access services, collection development, website maintenance, and photocopy and copy photography services as needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides reference service at the Reference Desk on a regularly scheduled basis. Provides reference and research services to museum staff on demand. Responds to written, telephone, and email reference questions as necessary.
- Assists in providing bibliographic instruction, training and orientations for AIC staff, School of the Art Institute classes, the Libraries’ reference staff and other groups as necessary.
- Assists with incoming and outgoing interlibrary loan operations. Responds to other requests for loans and copies.
- Promotes the libraries’ collections and services through developing social media and website content.
- Assists with selection of collection materials.
- Conducts research and pursues special projects as required.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited program.
- Familiarity with major bibliographic tools (printed and electronic) and research methods for Art History.
- Familiarity with the interlibrary loan codes and guidelines, and experience with interlibrary loan borrowing and lending.
- Strong commitment to public service and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff from all areas of the library, museum, and school.
More information and application: https://hrweb.artic.edu/psc/HRPRODE/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=9278&PostingSeq=1&