|The Animation Project Cataloger assists library staff members to sort and create an inventory of holdings being assembled from assets related to an animated feature film. This is a part-time position in the Graphic Arts Department of the Margaret Herrick Library reporting to the Production Art Librarian. The work itself takes place at an off-site storage facility in Santa Clarita, California.
Duties and Responsibilities:
|POSITION REQUIREMENTS||• Bachelor of art in film studies, art, art history or animation, preferably working toward a master’s degree.
• Familiarity with the mechanics of hand-drawn animation.
• Strong computer skills.
• Prior library or archives experience, preferably in a special collections environment.
• Pleasant personality and ability to work successfully with colleagues.
• Attention to detail and orderly work habits.
• Self-motivation, dependability, efficiency, and comfortable working closely with others.
• An interest in the history of animated film.
• Practiced in handling fragile materials.
• Fluent English-language communication skills.
• Able to lift and move moderately heavy boxes (20 lbs.).
• Stand on a concrete floor for long periods.
• Ability to use a pallet jack.
More information and application: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1341838&B_ID=56&fid=1&Adid=0&ssbgcolor=FFFFFF&SearchScreenID=1670&CountryID=3&LanguageID=2&InternalJobCode=111460