The Institute of Classical Architecture and Art (ICAA) is seeking a 9-month Fellow for the 2016/2017 academic year to help oversee and manage its historic collection of plaster casts and architectural elements. The Fellow will be responsible for updating and maintaining the collections’ catalogues, coordinating visits from schools and other third parties who would like to view the collections, providing tours of the gallery and collection, marketing the gallery, and otherwise assisting with the collection as required. The Fellow will have access to the entirety of the ICAA’s special collections and library as needed for their own academic research.
The Fellow is expected to work one-day/8 hours per week for an academic year September through June. The schedule is flexible. The rate of pay is $17 per hour. The Fellow will not be eligible for benefits such as sick pay, paid holidays, or health insurance. The Fellow is invited to attend many of the ICAA’s education courses and lectures tuition-free.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Currently pursuing or recently completed a Master’s Degree in art history, museum studies, classics, or a related subject
- A minimum of one year professional experience in curating or managing a fine art collection
- Ability to work independently
- Comfortable speaking with groups and sharing the collection with a diverse range of audiences
- Basic working knowledge of word, email, powerpoint, and excel
- Photoshop and InDesign are a plus but not required
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information: The candidate should send a cover letter explaining his or her interest in the position, a resume, and an academic writing sample to email@example.com by July 15th, 2016. No references are necessary at this stage of the application process.
Deadline to apply: July 15, 2016