The Department of Art History of the Meadows School of the Arts at SMU seeks a Visual Resources Specialist to administer the departmental Visual Resources Laboratory (VRL).
Work directly with arts and humanities faculty to realize college and departmental learning goals.
Consult with faculty in the arts and humanities to develop and deliver a suite of services that support the integration of information resources and technology in their teaching and research, with special emphasis on visual resources and the digital humanities.
Curate, quality-control, and troubleshoot relevant digital content.
Deliver group instruction and/or consults individually with students regarding research methods and scholarly practices across the arts and humanities, in addition to addressing issues of media and visual fluency.
Administer day-to-day operations of the VRL. Manage budget and financial records, as well as keeping all technology and software up-to-date and running smoothly.
Assist with department digital, online, and social media projects.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree is required. Field of study in Humanities, Library Sciences, or Art History is a plus.
- Candidate should have 1 year of work experience; however, will consider specialist who is recently graduated from a Library/Information Science or Art History/Humanities Master’s program.
- Must have delivered group instruction and worked individually with students.
- Higher education experience preferred.
- Digital photo-processing is required: Photoshop, Lightroom, Aperture, Paintshop, ACDSee Pro, GIMP, CaptureOne Pro, NIK
- Must have experience with Powerpoint, Keynote, Prezi, Customshow, Haiku Deck, Slideshark, Slide Dog, Mediashout
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Candidate must demonstrate strong listening, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. A strong customer service orientation is essential.
- Candidate must be effective in delivering group instruction and working individually with students.
- Must be familiar with use-rights and permissions of digital images.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative collegiate work relationships.
- Candidate should be detail oriented and accurate. Must be able to plan and accurately track budget expenditures and prepare documentation for review/approval.
- Must be well organized and able manage projects simultaneously.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong problem solving skills with the ability to identify and analyze problems as well as devise solutions. Must also be able to work independently as well as to work collaboratively.
More information and application: https://jobs.smu.edu/psp/ps/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1