The Cincinnati Art Museum has immediate opening for a full-time Curatorial Research Assistant in the Asian Arts department. Funding for this position has been allocated on a two (2) year basis in preparation for a forthcoming exhibition.
Working under the direction of the Curator of Asian Arts the Curatorial Research Assistant provides research and administrative support related to exhibitions and departmental projects.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Correspondences and communications (writing letters, e-mails, etc)
- Cataloguing and collecting research materials on exhibition related objects
- Planning and coordinating related meetings and events
- Manuscript preparation, proof reading, and other tasks
- Organizing and filing documents and research materials
- Other administrative functions including travel arrangements, expense reports, etc.
A Bachelor’s degree in Asian Art or Asian History or Art History with a strong knowledge of East Asian (Chinese and Japanese) culture. A Master’s degree is preferred.
In addition, candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, especially a proven ability to write concisely and clearly. Good computer skills necessary.
Candidate with extensive knowledge of Chinese history, Chinese language, and art history strongly preferred. Previous experience working in a museum environment is a plus.
If interested, please submit your cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to:
Cincinnati Art Museum | ATTN: Human Resources | 953 Eden Park Drive | Cincinnati, OH 45202-1596
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open until filled.
The Cincinnati Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.