Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Lesley University is highly regarded for its graduate and undergraduate programs in education, the arts, and applied social sciences. Lesley fosters a highly creative environment in which innovative ideas thrive, theory is integrated with practice and its 7,000 students and 83,000 alumni are empowered to improve and enrich communities.
This librarian serves in the Moriarty Arts Library at Lesley’s College of Art and Design (LUCAD), providing research and instruction support in the arts and manages collection development in art-related areas, including studio art and art history, serving students and faculty across Lesley University. The position requires collaboration with colleagues in the research and instruction department and includes a focus on developing, marketing and facilitating access to the Moriarty Arts Library collections as well as active participation in instructional programming at the Lesley libraries, including teaching classes on campus and in Lesley’s online programs.
General professional responsibilities include research support service with evening, weekend, and holiday rotation.
- Master’s degree in library and information science from an ALA-accredited institution
- At least a bachelor’s degree in art history, fine arts or design, art education, and/or advanced arts-related degree preferred
- One (1) year of library public service experience, or related professional experience
- Thorough understanding of the requirements necessary for maintaining print, non-print, audiovisual, and digital collections
- Experience with integrated library systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Authorized to work in the United States; if you hold a visa, your visa status must allow you to work at Lesley University
Application Instructions: A cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references must be included for full consideration.
Applications will be reviewed upon the establishment of an appropriate pool of candidates.