Under the supervision of the Head of the Art + Architecture Library, provides circulation and reference support, assisting users with checking out and locating library materials. Oversees shelving and provides collection management support as directed by the Art + Architecture Librarian. Manages print architectural drawings collection.
- Experience working in a public service capacity (in a highly public visible environment)
- Experience in Windows-based computer environment and data entry
- Experience in interpreting and explaining library policies to university members and the general public
- Experience in directing and supervising the work of other staff and/or student employees
- Experience using library resources (books, periodicals, reserves, print architectural drawing, etc.) and services (circulation, reference and back up for closing of library)
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience working with III Sierra or other integrated library systems
- Knowledge of research library environment
- Experience working with architectural drawings
- Experience supervising student workers
Employment Conditions: Alternate work schedule; M-F between the hours of 1-5 PM, average of 20-25 hours. Occasional nights and weekends may be required.
Interested applicants should complete an online application at www.jobs.vt.edu, posting #SW0160466.
Employee Category: Hourly Wage Staff; limited to 1,500 hrs/year
Appointment Type: Temp, non-salaried wage
Pay Range: $15.00/hr
Job close date: July 1, 2016
Full post: https://listings.jobs.vt.edu/postings/67171