Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The audiovisual collection of Sony Music is a vital aspect of our business’s history and a crucial gateway to its future. The Video Archivist must apply video preservation and digital archiving skills, with an eye toward long-term visibility and viability. Working closely with Archives staff, Legacy A&R, Legacy Content, and other video-associated teams throughout the company, the Video Archivist will pursue “higher definition” in both image and understanding.
- Review and preserve audiovisual content from Sony’s film and video collection, to identify highest quality sources.
- Create, store and share digitized raw video files to be put to use later by Legacy A&R and Content teams.
- Study asset database to gather ideas for further scrutiny, and update data to reflect newly discovered information.
- Meet regularly with Legacy planning teams to coordinate advance preparation of video for cross-platform use.
- Prioritize a range of projects, often several at once, to assist in marketing, new release, and documentary projects.
- To an unusual degree, this position demands someone highly capable of working alone AND able to interact and communicate closely with others, often juggling tasks under time pressure.
- Strong consideration will be given to applicants with at least two years’ experience of: digital video capture and organization; hands-on use of older playback machines such as D2 and 1”; video editing; digital archiving.
- The Video Archivist will maintain a careful eye on our older-format video playback machines, to ensure good operational condition.
- The position will work closely with our Digital Archives and IT groups to apply and uphold metadata standards for long term digital storage.
More information and application: https://jobs-sonymusic.icims.com/jobs/5290/video-archivist/job?mode=job&iis=Indeed&iisn=Indeed.com&mobile=false&width=770&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240