This position can be in Pittsburgh or remote. The Reference Librarian is responsible for providing reference, research and information literacy instruction to the campus community, using library materials in all formats. Will assist faculty, students and staff in development of research skills as well as teach patrons how to use the Library’s integrated catalog. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion – is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Provide reference and assist all patrons with development of research skills.
- Create, write and update library publications, such as manuals, guides, bookmarks, bibliographies, subject guides and other information literacy/library promotional materials.
- Supervise any ILL services offered and contribute content to library web site.
- Serve as coordinator for collection development. Assist Director of Library in campus community outreach activities, ensuring that library collections meet user needs.
- Acquire new materials in all formats consistent with overall institutional strategic goals, the library’s collection development policy, and annual budget allocations.
- Review existing collections for continued curriculum relevance.
- Oversee repair and maintenance of library AV equipment as well as supervise processing, repair, binding of library materials, in cooperation with Technical Services Librarian.
- Assist Director of Library in strategic planning and preparation of the annual library budget.
- Oversee student workers in shelving and inventory of library materials and schedule their work hours to assist in coverage of the circulation desk.
- Develop, maintain library operations manual. Attend meetings and workshops, and seek additional opportunities for professional development. Other Duties as assigned.
Director of Library
Student Workers (No.# of Direct Reports varies by campus)
Technical Services Librarian, faculty, students, and staff
- Master’s Degree in Library, Information Science, or related from an ALA accredited school.
- At least 3 to 5 years experience working in a library in a post-secondary institution.
- Held positions of increasingly responsible experience in the industry.
- Knowledge of subjects usually taught at a post-secondary institution
- Knowledge of integrated library systems, OCLC, MARC records and current technologies
- Fiscal and personnel management expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both peer and subordinate personnel.
- Superior organizational skills
- Work effectively a team member to insure that departmental goals are met.
- Ability to work well within the principles and practices of collection development.
- Ability to teach information literacy skills
- Comfort level with expanding and contracting sphere of influence as required at times by the role.
- Ability to frequently lift 10 to 15 pounds.
More information and application: https://edmc.hua.hrsmart.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=34558&site_id=148&site_id=148