The Felix Gonzalez-Torres Foundation is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented and extremely organized individual, for the position of part-time Archives Associate. The Felix Gonzalez-Torres Foundation’s archives include exhibition and fabrication information, ephemera, manifestation samples, and an extensive library. The Archives Associate will conduct a comprehensive assessment of the status and various locations of the Felix Gonzalez-Torres Foundation’s archival records, and advise on how to best consolidate and preserve its records while optimizing accessibility to both Foundation staff and the public alike. The Archives Associate will be responsible for evaluating archival materials so as to document dynamic connections that exist between the archives and the work of Gonzalez-Torres. The Archives Associate will also be responsible for maintaining current records on the Foundation’s holdings of archival materials and processing and adding new materials to the archives as they are received. The position requires an affinity for language and superior communication skills, as the Archives Associate will regularly liaise with museums, representatives from major public and private collections, scholars, and the general public about information that is maintained in the Felix Gonzalez-Torres Foundation’s archives.
Educational and Technical Requirements:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Formal training and/or experience with archival processing and preservation, and theories and procedure in archives
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, FileMaker, and Mac operating systems
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite strongly preferred
- Knowledge of systems and software needed to manage and process archives and manuscript collections, create electronic finding aids, and digitize and make collections accessible digitally
- Confidence and ability to work independently
- Ability to perform with a high level of discretion, professionalism, and integrity
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, cv and contact details for three references to FGTFarchivesassociate@gmail.com
No phone calls, please.
More information: https://www.nyfa.org/Jobs/Show/09cbb9ea-3b3a-47f2-b9ee-b1a188823cb7