The Acquisitions & Liaison Librarian serves as part of The Art Institutes Library Services Team responsible for collections and resources, research services, teaching and learning, and technical services.
This position requires working closely with the Director, campus library staff, central administrative staff, faculty and students.
Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion – is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
- Select and acquire new materials consistent with strategic goals and annual budget allocations for all schools.
- Conduct collection development for assigned subject areas to include selection and maintenance of materials.
- Provide reference and assist users with development of research skills.
- Provide information literacy and research instruction using online tool.
- Create and maintain effective learning materials related to library resources and technologies.
- Serve as system administrator and manager of library technologies.
- Catalog all types of library materials according to current standards, codes, tags and other relevant standards, providing a level of descriptive cataloging, classification, and subject analysis to users.
- Develop standards and policies related to job function.
- Other duties as assigned.
More information and application: https://edmc.hua.hrsmart.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=34576&site_id=148&site_id=148