|May 5, 2016
Backstage Library Works
Digitization Technician Provo, Utah
Backstage Library Works provides high quality, cost effective professional services to help librarians serve their constituencies. Backstage Library Works, a leader in providing imaging services of the highest quality, is looking for qualified individuals for multiple Digital Technician openings in Provo, Utah, for upcoming digital projects.
Positions are full-time, fully benefited hourly positions. Applicant must be available to train on 1st shift.
- Capture digital images from paper or film according to specifications and standards.
- Perform modifications to images such as cropping and rotating.
- Perform image inspection and collect metadata.
- Maintain strong production levels and consistently good quality of work.
- Handle materials and information in a conscientious and organized way.
- Experience with digital scanning or photography.
- Experience wtih data entry, rekeying or editing text.
- Adept at handling material fragile in nature without damage.
- Work productively and independently.
- Learn new skills quickly and thoroughly.
- Perform repetitive tasks for periods of time and work well in a fast-paced production environment.
- Meet daily production levels and standards.
- Work in a deadline oriented environment.
- Attentiveness to detail and quality.
- Must be able to perform inspection of digital images for completeness, image quality, proper resolution and bit depth in accordance with client specifications.
- Must be able to type accurately in order to capture metadata and record information in spreadsheet or appropriate database.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Outlook and navigate the digital server environment.
- Will be responsible for sending files through automated processes.
- Responsible for a final quality inspection of work before it is sent to the client.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Problem-solving and ability to follow written and verbal instructions with little supervision.
- Willingness to work flexible/overtime hours as required and ability to work as part of a team.
- College degree or certificate.
DESIRABLE, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop or other imaging software.
More information and application: http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=4b07793c84ce2b7b&q=image+librarian&tk=1aidkijq3avmb80a&from=web