Artspace, a non-profit art gallery in New Haven, CT is interested in hosting a Project Archivist Intern. Under direct supervision of the PR Coordinator and Research Manager/Archivist the intern will assist with website and archive development. The Project Archivist Intern will participate in the following projects: curate the online digital exhibited materials; create digital artifacts; rehouse collections; and assist in data entry as needed.
This is an unpaid internship, however interns may obtain academic credit for the internship. It is the applicant’s responsibility to set up the internship with their school. Artspace will provide performance review and grading, as required
Availability: Summer of 2016, can be extended into Fall 2016; preferably at least two-three full days (16 – 24 hours) per week.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a masters degree in Library and Information Science, History, Museum Studies, or a related field
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Experience with Salesforce and WordPress preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Previous experience at an archive
- Basic knowledge of archival standards
- Ability to lift artifact boxes up to 40lbs
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Magee Lawhorn at firstname.lastname@example.org